Bajaj Auto recently launched the much-awaited Chetak Electric Scooter in the Indian market. With the launch of this electric scooter Bajaj marked its re-entry in the scooter space after decades.
The production of the Chetak Electric started on September 25, 2019 at the Chakan plant of Bajaj.
Here is what you should know about the electric avtar of Bajaj Chetak:-
- The all new electric Avtar of Bajaj Chetak, which is company’s fist electric vehicle is priced at Rs 1 Lakh (ex-showroom, Pune and Bengaluru)
- There are 2 variants – Urbane and Premium. The Urbane variant features drum brake at the front and is priced at Rs 1 Lakh, while the Premium variant gets a disc brake and is priced at Rs 1.15 lakh (ex-showroom, Pune and Bengaluru).
- The company has introduced their first scooter after a gap of 14 years after the homegrown automaker discontinued the Chetak to focus on motorcycles.
- The Chetak will come with a horseshoe-shaped LED headlight with DRLs.
- The electric scooter integrates lithium-ion battery that can be charged using a standard household 5-15 amp electrical outlet.
- The battery setup is a 3 kWH system with a 16 Nm torque output.
- The battery can be fully charged in 5 hours or can be charged upto 25% in 1 hour.
- It features feather-touch activated electronic switches and large digital console.
- The all new Chetak from the house of Bajaj will be offered with 2 ride modes – Eco and Sport and will have a mileage of 95 km and 85 km respectively.
- Bajaj Chetak will have Regenerative braking via an intelligent braking system that converts braking heat into kinetic energy to maximize the range.
- Bajaj Chetak will have mobility solutions like data communication, security and user authentication that can increase user experience via a mobile app.
- The electric avtar can be booked with a booking amount of Rs 2,000 and deliveries will start later this month.
- The Chetak will be sold exclusively through digital channel and customers can test ride the Scooter at the Experience centres, first of which is established in Pune.
- Bajaj will also sell the Chetak through select KTM dealerships.
- It will get a 3 years/ 50,000 km warranty and three free services.
- The scooter also gets features like a reverse gear.