Bird Group with China based Haima Automobiles introduced a sub Rs-10 lakh electric hatchback in the country named ‘EV1+’. The vehicle was unveiled at the ongoing Auto Expo in Greater Noida.
Here we bring list of things that you should know about the Bird Electric EV1+
• The all new electric vehicle measures 3,680 mm in length, 1,570 mm in width and 1,530 mm in height.
• It incorporates an electric motor which can make 40PS while torque output goes up to 105Nm with the larger battery.
• The battery-powered vehicle will be manufactured at a new facility in Manesar (Haryana).
• The car also has two different battery packs on offer, the first one rated at 20.5kWh and claims a range of 200km and the second at 28.5kWh that run approximately 300km on a full charge.
• The hatchback EV1+ doesn’t have a feature of fast charging as its charge times are listed at nine hours for the smaller battery and 11 hours for a bigger one.
• As of now the company has not revealed the features that it will come with.
• The company has, however, revealed that the first batch of EV1+ electric hatchbacks will roll out in another 12-15 months.
• When launched the electric car will compete against the likes of Mahindra e-KUV100, Hyundai Santro and Maruti WangonR. It may face tough competition from a fellow Chinese manufacturer after the launch of GWM R1.
Ankur Bhatia, executive director, Bird Group speaking to a publication said that the company has already acquired land for the manufacturing of the electric vehicle. Initially the vehicle will be assembled with imported kits and eventually it will localise production and participate in the government’s phased manufacturing plan to avail benefits.
Bhatia further said that once the manufacturing start the cost of the electric car may come down to below Rs 10 lakh.