MG Motor India has finally unleashed the much awaited its first electric SUV ZS EV starting at Rs 20.88 lakh (ex-showroom). Here we bring you 10 things that you should know about the all new MG Motor SUV ZS EV.
- The price ranges up to 23.58 lakh (ex-showroom). However, the customers who have already booked the car will receive a special discount of Rs 1 lakh.
- On road this all new hulk will compete against the like of Hyundai Kona EV and upcoming Tata Nexon EV as well.
- Available in two different trim options, Excite and Exclusive, the MG ZS EV gets power from a 44.5 kWh liquid-cooled lithium-ion battery pack that churns out 150 PS of power and 353 Nm of torque.
- The SUV offers a range of 340 km on a single charge
- MG also claims that ZS EV’s battery can be charged using both 15A home sockets and a DC fast charger.
- The battery requires 50 minutes to be charged up to 80 per cent via a 50 kW DC fast charger.
- For safety, the car comes equipped with six airbags, HDC, HSA, ABS and EBD as standard features.
- The company has already received around 2,800 bookings for the SUV and the majority of those came from five cities across the country,
- The automaker aims to expand its dealership numbers to more than 200 by the end of this month.
- MG has already installed 10 DC fast chargers in its showrooms in a bid to offer the customers convenient charging experience. The company is also offering a home AC charger for the e-SUV.
Speaking on the price announcement, Rajeev Chaba, President and MD – MG Motor India, said, “The ZS EV is a globally-successful product that operates at the intersection of an EV’s sustainability, an SUV’s practicality, and a sports car’s performance. It comes with best-in-class features and tech capabilities at a compelling price point. We are confident that this unprecedented value proposition will incentivise more consumers across India to go electric. We will continue to strengthen the Indian EV landscape, as we offer the best of EV technology and act as the catalyst for the country’s nascent EV market by providing a complete, end-to-end ecosystem.”