Tags: Canadian Solar

Canadian Solar Wins 94 MWp of Subsidy-Free Electricity Contracts in Alberta

Canadian Solar has announced that it has won three solar power contracts with Alberta’s Ministry of Infrastructure, for a total of 94 megawatts (MWp) of solar power system in southeast Alberta, with an average contracted PPA price of 48.05 Canadian dollars per megawatt-hour (MWh). When in operation, these solar plants will provide 55 percent of […]

Read more

Canadian Solar to Provide EPC Services and Supply Solar Modules for 333MWp Darlington Point Solar

Canadian Solar announced that it has been selected by Edify Energy and Octopus Investments to be partnering with Signal Energy to provide Engineering, Procurement and Constructions (EPC) services and supply solar modules for the 333 MWp/275 MWac Darlington Point Solar Farm in New South Wales, Australia. Construction of the Darlington Point Solar Farm will begin in March 2019 with over 820,000 […]

Read more

Canadian Solar shipped 2.6 GW of Anti-LeTID PERC Solar Modules Worldwide

Canadian Solar has announced that the company has shipped cumulatively 2.6 GW of high efficiency anti-LeTID PERC solar modules worldwide as of December 31st, 2018. This represents a significant milestone in Canadian Solar’s continuous efforts in developing and delivering high efficiency and high quality solar modules. Solar modules with Passivated Emitter and Rear Cell (PERC) technology […]

Read more

Canadian Solar to Provide EPC Services, Supply Solar Modules for 175 MWp Solar Farm

Canadian Solar has announced that it will be partnering with Signal Energy to provide Engineering, Procurement and Constructions (EPC) services and supply solar modules for ESCO Pacific’s 175MWp/133MWac Finley Solar Farm in New South Wales, Australia. Dr. Shawn Qu, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Canadian Solar, said, “We are delighted to be selected by ESCO Pacific to […]

Read more

Canadian Solar Subsidiary Recurrent Energy Signs PPA with a Silicon Valley University

Canadian Solar announced its wholly owned subsidiary Recurrent Energy has signed a 25-year power purchase agreement (“PPA”) for the 63 MWac/88 MWp Stanford Solar Generating Station #2. The Stanford Solar Generating Station #2, located on over 400 acres in Kings County, California, will power the equivalent of 15,750 homes with clean electricity. This photovoltaic (“PV”) project, […]

Read more

EDF Renewables and Canadian Solar Secure US$373million Financing

EDF Renewables and Canadian Solar today announced their jointly-owned 399 MWp Pirapora solar complex in Brazil has successfully raised a total of 1.39 billion Brazilian reais (US$373 million) via multiple project finance sources. EDF Renewables owns 80% of the complex while Canadian Solar owns the remaining 20% stake. The 191.5 MWp Pirapora I solar power project raised […]

Read more

Suzlon Energy completes sale of its arm Amun and Avighna to Canadian Solar

Renewable Energy solution provider Suzlon Energy on Tuesday said it has completed sale of its arm Amun and Avighna to Canadian Solar for a total consideration of Rs 54.53 crore. “The company has completed sale of Amun (Amun Solarfarms Ltd) and Avighna (Avighna Solarfarms Ltd) to canadian Solar and accordingly Amun and Avighna have ceased […]

Read more

Canadian Solar with ET Energy to Build 132 MWp of Solar Projects in South Africa

Canadian Solar today announced it established a joint venture with ET Energy, together they will provide EPC services for two solar projects totaling 132 MWp in South Africa for BioTherm Energy, an independent African power producer. The projects, Aggeneys (46 MWp) and Konkoonsies II (86 MWp), are located in northwest South Africa and cover an […]

Read more

Canadian Solar completes sale of 80.6 MWp solar energy project to Global Power Generation

Canadian Solar announced the sale of its interest in the Guimarania solar energy project in Brazil to Global Power Generation, subsidiary of Spanish energy group Gas Natural Fenosa. The 80.6 MWp project, expandable to 83 MWp, is under construction and expected to reach commercial operation in the fourth quarter of 2018. Canadian Solar will supply […]

Read more

Canadian Solar bags 364 MWp Solar Projects in Brazil

Canadian Solar has announced that it has bagged three solar projects, totaling 364 MWp in Brazil’s A-4 auction that was held on April 4, 2018. The 364 MWp of projects, located in the states of Minas Gerais and Ceara, have been awarded 20-year Power Purchase Agreements with an average price of 118.15 BRL/MWh (approximately US$35.58/MWh). […]

Read more