Tags: solar news

Energy investment has risen most rapidly in India: IEA

Aloha! India now carries the much awaited tag of the fastest growing energy market in the world. According to the International Energy Agency (IEA) investment in the energy sector in the country grew at a rate of 12 per cent in 2018 — the highest growth rate as compared to any other country. “Energy investment […]

Read more

Just like toothpaste: fluoride radically improves the stability of perovskite solar cells

Researchers from the TU/e have discovered that adding a small amount of fluoride to perovskite solar cells significantly increases their stability. Solar cells made of perovskite hold much promise for the future of solar energy. The material is cheap, easy to produce and almost as efficient as silicon, the material traditionally used in solar cells. […]

Read more

India to add 80 GW of renewable energy capacity in next 5 yrs: Survey

India is expected to add about 80 gigawatts (GW) of renewable energy capacity in the next five years, according to a survey. About 47 GW will be from utility scale solar, 21 GW from wind, 8 from rooftop solar and 3 GW from floating solar projects, the survey by consultancy Bridge To India, in which […]

Read more

Belnor Engineering Installs Canada’s First Transparent PV Glass Solar Window

In a major attempt to combat climate change, Belnor Engineering has installed Canada’s first transparent photovoltaic solar window at the Centre for Innovation, Technology & Entrepreneurship (CITE Facility) Seneca College’s Newnham Campus in Toronto, ON. The cutting-edge facility is designed to bring applied research, specialized training and entrepreneurial activities all under one roof. In an effort to bolster their sustainability initiatives, the […]

Read more

Panasonic signs collaboration and acquisition agreement with GS-Solar

Panasonic Corporation announced that it has reached a collaboration agreement with GS-Solar (China) Company Ltd. in the field of photovoltaic technology. With GS-Solar holding a 90% share and Panasonic owning the remaining 10%, the two companies will jointly operate and invest in this new company in Japan, focused on the research and development of HIT […]

Read more

Rooftop solar must for India to meet 175 GW renewable energy target: IEEFA

India needs faster implementation of rooftop solar projects to meet the 175 gigawatts of renewable energy target by 2022, a report has said. The country has set an ambitious target of installing 175 GW of renewable energy capacity by the year 2022, which includes 100 GW from solar, 60 GW from wind, 10 GW from […]

Read more

JinkoSolar Supplies PV Modules to a Large Solar Power Plant in Colombia

JinkoSolar has announced that it has supplied 250,000 Pieces of 345Watt – 1500V monocrystalline standard modules for one of the largest solar power plant in Colombia to date which was recently inaugurated and is located in Cesar Department.  “We are proud to have been chosen for this iconic project in Colombia which demonstrates the recognition, […]

Read more

LONGi 72 Bifacial Half Cell Module Achieves World Record with 450W Front-Side Power

LONGi announced that the front side power of its 72-cell Bifacial half-cut module exceeded 450W, achieving the world’s highest power in this module type. This new record was tested and verified by renowned certification agency TÜV-SÜD. This is another validation of LONGi’s strategy of enterprise growth through technological innovations. On April 24 last year, the […]

Read more

Renewable capacity growth worldwide stalled in 2018: IEA

After nearly two decades of strong annual growth, renewables around the world added as much net capacity in 2018 as they did in 2017, an unexpected flattening of growth trends that raises concerns about meeting long-term climate goals. Last year was the first time since 2001 that growth in renewable power capacity failed to increase […]

Read more

Greenlight Planet launches Sun King Fan to Keep Rural India Cool This Summer

Greenlight Planet recently launched the Sun King Fan, a portable solar-powered fan. While the country braces for the hottest year since 1901, this model provides powerful airflow for grid-like cooling, striking the perfect balance between performance, durability, and affordability. For ten years, Greenlight Planet has been focused on developing affordable and durable solar powered lighting solutions […]

Read more